fredag 27. desember 2013

Pinecone cakes



Remember me and my sister's gingerbread project last year? 
(The ginger bread tractor ) She is not here this Christmas, so I needed 
my own baking project. I found this: 


December 2013 recipes which also lies on my Pinterest board: Food
Could I make cakes that beautiful? I wanted to try. 



After making the dough, I cut out shapes that resembled a pinecone…sort of.
I covered them with frosting, to make the almond slices get stuck.


Next step: cover them with almond slices.


I bought shimmer dust for food decorating, and it really made everything a lot prettier!
Not as nice as the picture in the recipe, but almost! Maybe if I had a light box to put them in :)


Next time I'll slice the almonds myself, so the shells stays on. Or make them less nice, 
so that someone actually dare to eat them (they are still in the fridge…after a whole day's work!)

1 kommentar: